The purchase of products from this web site is governed by the following terms and conditions. By accessing the site you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. Contained in our terms and conditions are details of current regulations governing online shopping. Please read them carefully as they contain important information. If you intend to purchase from our site we recommend that you print a copy of these terms and conditions. We reserve the right to change, modify, substitute or remove, without notice, any information on this site as necessary.
Trent's Bike Shack is committed to protecting your privacy and will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Customer information is collected in the following way :
- We use software on the website that collects statistics such as how many people are visiting the site, which pages they are looking at and how long they are spending on the site. This information is anonymous and is used only in order for us to understand visitor needs and improve the site.
- When you request a specific service, such as subscription to our newsletter, the information we collect may include name, address, phone/fax number and email address. Information gathered for this purpose will never be used for any other purpose or shared with any other companies.
- We will always give you the option to unsubscribe from our newsletter facility by clicking the 'Unsubscribe' button that appears on each newsletter. We will never collect sensitive information from you without your explicit consent. The information we hold will be accurate, relevant and up to date. You can check the information that we hold about you by emailing us.
- Any inaccuracies will be corrected promptly. We will never disclose any information about you to any third party without your prior consent. When you visit some areas of our website, a 'cookie' will be placed on your computer. This is a small file that enables our site to improve the quality of your visit. You may be able to set your browser to reject cookies, although this may affect the way you experience the site.
All items are subject to availability. All of our stock levels are live, but obviously errors can occur in our warehousing stock control systems. We will inform you as soon as possible if the goods you have ordered are not available. Products and packaging are subject to change or substitution without prior notice. Every effort will be made to dispatch the items specified.
If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, simply return the item or items to us in their original condition* within 30 days of receipt. You must notify us in writing within 14 working days, by post or email of your intention to do this.
We will issue a refund or exchange the item for a different size / colour if preferred. Delivery charges are only refundable if you have cancelled your entire order within the 7 day Cooling-Off Period or where the goods are faulty and a refund is made.
Where you require an exchange, for example, because a size has been incorrectly ordered, we will make a £3.95 charge to cover re-delivery costs. (Note: For larger items such as wheels, this charge may vary and you will be informed of the price before the item is sent).
Payment for this must be provided before we will send out the replacement item.
Please note :
- The item is your responsibility until it reaches us. For your own protection, we recommend that you send the parcel using a delivery service that insures you for the value of the goods.
- The cost of returning the item to us is your responsibility.
- The parcel can take up to 7 working days to be processed once received.
* Note: when trying on items of clothing, please ensure that you are not wearing perfume / aftershave or a deodorant which may leave a scent or marks on the item. In the case of cycling shorts please ensure that underwear is worn when first trying them on. The item(s) must be returned in its original packaging with all labels and tags and with all enclosed documentation.
We will be unable to accept the return of any item where there is evidence that these instructions have not been followed.
If the item you received is faulty, please contact us quoting your order number, your name and address, details of the product and the reason for return, and whether you require a refund or a replacement. We will then advise on how to proceed with the return. You have 30 days from receipt of the faulty item to notify us of your intent to return it and a further 30 days in which to do so.
If the item you received is not what you originally ordered, please contact us quoting your order number, your name and address, details of the product and the reason for return, and whether you require a refund or a replacement. We will then advise on how to proceed with the return.
All refunds will be given as soon as possible, and usually take the form of a refund transaction onto the card used for the original purchase. At the very latest we will refund your money within 28 days from the day we receive your returned item. In the case of incorrect ordering and undisclosed reasons for return, a credit or exchange may be issued and the customer will be expected to pay the return postage costs.
All returns must be accompanied by a completed returns form and a copy of the original invoice